Did you miss MAMON or Filipino Sponge cake?
This is one of my favorite cakes in the Philippines. Actually, t'was my second attempt to bake here, too. The first time was a mess and that was because I had a different recipe. This time, it's really yumyum.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 eggs, seperated
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour and baking powder in bowl; set aside. n a another large bowl, beat egg white and cream of tartar until meringue-like but not stiff.
- Gradually add sugar while beating. Then, add vanilla and vegetable oil.
- Add egg yolks one at a time and continue beating. Add cake flour and baking powder and continue mixing.
- Line muffin pans with paper cups and pour mixture about 2/3 full.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Finished when toothpick comes out clean.